Are powder sunscreens good in summer?
When you think of sunscreen, you probably imagine a goopy lotion that smells way too strong and feels overly sticky. But protecting your skin from the sun´s harmful UV rays doesn’t have to be so uncomfortable, powder sunscreens are the best solution in summer.
What are powder sunscreens?
Powder sunscreen is a powder similar to a translucent makeup powder that provides sun protection. These high-performing SPF powders not only protect your skin, but also absorb excess oil, and even out your complexion without feeling heavy.
Powder sunscreens usually have a slight mattifying effect on the skin, and they can come either tinted to fit particular skin tones or translucent in order to work with most skin colors. Powder sunscreens are beneficial to those who wear makeup in the summer but don’t want the greasy feeling of a lotion.
Are powder sunscreens safe?
What are the benefits?
- Unlike cream sunscreens, a powder SPF doesn’t feel greasy on the skin. Instead, it actually has a dry, nearly invisible finish and a weightless feel.
- A powder sunscreens sits on top of makeup beautifully, and can even help boost the coverage and longevity of your look.
- Powder Sunscreens can absorb excess oils from the skin, leaving it looking matte. This is especially great for those who have oily skin.Doesn’t dilute or interfere with other sunscreens because powder sunscreens don’t mix with the layers below it, instead it creates a brand-new layer of protection.
- Doesn’t dilute or interfere with other sunscreens because powder sunscreens don’t mix with the layers below it, instead it creates a brand-new layer of protection.
- Powder Sunscreens products are almost always non-comedogenic
- Powder sunscreens are also great for sensitive skin since they are free of liquids. They don’t require of any potential irritating ingredients, and as a result they are unlikely to cause allergies or any other types of irritation.
As powder sunscreens sit on top of the skin, they’ll be your best friend if you’re oily or acne-prone, and if you’re on the dry side, look for finer powders that contain hydrating ingredients, like hyaluronic acid or ceramides, to avoid a heavier-looking application. And don´t forget to re-apply as much as needed.