Winter tends to drag the skin down, exacerbating wrinkles, sagging, and bagging, so when spring comes around, you want to find ways to help skin bounce back again, so this is the best time to wash away winter’s effect on your skin and bring back that radiant glow. We’ve got some solutions for you:
1. Start by stepping up your exfoliation, that can help get rid of dry, dull skin while fading age spots.
2. Swap out your moisturizer, as the weather warms up, we need a lighter lotion as opposed to winter’s heavy creams, use one that helps reduce inflammation and redness while providing just the right amount of moisture and promote collagen production, which we all need to keep skin firm.
3. If you’re dealing with hyperpigmentation, try a natural lightening cream to help fade the dark blotches.
4. You can also make a facial mask using ingredients like papaya, honey, pumpkin, yogurt, citrus fruits, and potato juice.
5. For last, but most importantly, focus on the skin´s elasticity (Collagen gives your skin strength, but elastin gives it its ability to bounce back.
What causes skin to lose its elasticity?
Some of it is that we don’t produce as much elastin as we age. On the other hand, environmental toxins, pollutants, and UV rays assault skin every day, damaging elastin fibers and causing them to break down.
We can help delay this type of damage by protecting the skin with sunscreen, eating right, drinking plenty of water, and practicing good skin hygiene, but usually that’s not enough, so if you want to fortify your skin tissues and help increase your skin’s ability you can try the following:
1. Try supplements: antioxidant supplement can help
2. Wear your tea: They are full of nutrients that are good for your skin, help protect against elastin breakdown and have powerful protective antioxidants.
3. Use some argan oil: Daily consumption or topical application of argan oil have an anti-aging effect on the skin in order to restore skin elasticity
4. Eat more yogurts, and consider a homemade yogurt mask: Particularly Greek yogurt is high in protein, and proteins are important for the production of both collagen and elastin.
5. Exercise more: Exercise improves blood circulation, getting needed nutrients to the skin where it can use them to rebuild collagen and elastin.