Hair removal is a major concern for many men and women. There are many permanent and non-permanent methods that can help you get rid of any unwanted body hair: the two main ones being waxing and laser hair removal.
Here you´ll see the pros and cons of each procedure so you can decide which one is the best option that suits your needs, budget and lifestyle.
Waxing is a form of semi-permanent hair removal. Using heated wax, it pulls any unwanted facial or body hair directly from the root and doesn’t allow it to grow back for approximately 2-3 weeks.
- Results can last from 21-30 days.
- The short-term costs are lower than those of laser hair removal.
- It prevents ingrown hair.
- Waxing can get all those ‘hard-to-reach-areas’ that shaving may not.
- Results are temporary and you’ll have to keep waxing indefinitely.
- It’s more painful than shaving or laser hair removal.
- It requires regrowth in order to be effective.
- The long-term costs are much higher than with shaving or laser hair removal treatments.
Laser Hair Removal
This treatment works by emitting a specific wavelength of light to target your hair follicles at the root, essentially destroying them, and achieving permanent hair reduction.
- It causes no damage to the dermis, so even sensitive skin can be treated.
- It offers a long-term hair removal solution, so you’ll never have to worry about unwanted facial or body hair again.
- It works on many areas of the body including the face, underarms, bikini, or stomach.
- It’s not as painful as waxing.
- The long-term costs are much lower compared to waxing.
- It takes multiple treatments (6-8 sessions) before you see permanent results.
- If done by an untrained technician, laser hair removal could leave burns or scars on the skin.
- It doesn’t work well for patients with red, white, or grey hair
Once you compare both options, you´ll realize that laser hair removal I a cost-effective treatment that will provide with multiple benefits to your skin.